By getting to know each other better we used a method of drawing selfies on a big envelope. Basically what we did is we all sat in a circle and put the envelope on our faces and try to draw ourselves without looking and put our names on the envelope. And as we sat in the circle everyone one by one shared something about themselves, which was a fun way of getting to know the other participants.
In this session we also talked about the objectives of the project, about non-formal education and steps of experience. There are 6 objectives:
- To provide knowledge about citizenship in general and European citizenship in particular by exploring the concepts, their dimensions and contemporary understandings which later on they can multiply it to their target groups through their youth work;
- To explore and analyze current situations and different models in 10 European countries regarding youth participation in democratic life and share experience and good practices of supporting it in order to encourage active youth participation on local, national and European level;
- To develop practice and evaluate non-formal learning tools (methods, approaches and activities) that youth workers can use foster youth participation on all levels and which are enhancing young people’s awareness to common European issues as well as the feeling of belonging to common European identity and values;
- To provide opportunity to 30 youth workers for strong intercultural learning , improvement of competences and development of multiplying initiatives to be implemented I their respective countries;
- To foster sustainable international cooperation, capacity and partnership building between 10 European organizations working in youth field with citizenship education, European citizenship and youth participation;
- To promote Erasmus+ Programme and Youthpass as recognition tool for non-formal and informal learning in youth work.
So we were divided in 6 groups and each group got one objective. Their task was to discuss the objective and to find an interesting and simpler way to present the objectives .
We also scratched the topic for non-formal education and discussed what it is and what are its main features and characteristics. We tried to make a line from least experienced to most experienced participants and share that experience and good practices with the group.